Unfortunately, I'm not really that ill, it is one of those colds that is all in my nose and tickling my throat, but without actually rendering me useless (ok, yes, that is a matter of opinion) and so I can't really justify sick days to myself. Plus I have this bizarre idea that somehow I'm currying karma points for the future when I really need a day off and pull a sickie. Not that this is something I have actually ever done, but there may be a first time.
Tonight I'm off to GeekFest in Dubai, which promises some quite interesting, Ted-X-ish type talks. It is a dry night in Dubai, on the occasion of the Islamic New Year, so there are no rival big nights out to drag me away from this rather more offbeat event, which could either be good, or acid-in-the-eyes painful.
We shall see.
For now - my lurgy beating tools - chocolate (mostly eaten - it was a Hershey's chocolate Santa), Berocca & Lemsip.
Come on H1N1... give it your best shot...

No comments:
Post a Comment