Monday, November 27, 2006

Energised

New routine continues, with a minor glitch, after the detoxing weekend. I've managed to keep on body brushing, which although slightly painful, actually totally wakes me up and is better than any cup of coffee for getting me in gear in the morning. So that's a result. Still on the spirulina shakes (aka dark green banana flavoured goo, though somehow pleasant?!), and antioxidant tonics (aka weak ribena) that are powering me through the morning - I shall be an organic health nut convert yet. Apart from at the weekends, when I shall revert to fish state.

Totally distracted by imminent departure from present employment, am desperately trying to keep focused but it is failing massively. I have next week off, and shall be defying the stars, who warned me against going on a spending spree on sunday, and hoping to sign a new flat sometime before next week, so I can spend my time moving in and settling in before starting the new job. I'm inordinately excited about walking to work, especially after yesterday's journey home, which lasted 2 and a half hours, due to the rain (which had stopped two hours earlier) freaking out the driving population of Dubai. Had a near accident on a slip road as well, with some idiot in a white van drifting in to my lane to look at the police who had stopped someone on the yellow dividers before my lane merged into the main highway - had I not seen him and breaked (bloody breaks locked and i skidded) - the offending driver and the policeman would have been mincemeat as the van was headed straight for me, and therefore them. MUPPET. Still, was avoided, and had a clear flash of the terrified faces of the two people who'd been pulled over, seeing disaster unfold. All was averted. I, unlike some people, can actually drive. Grr.

So, flat hunting. Had a call from some dodgy character wanting to sub-let his apartment for the bargain sum of 70k. In a market where the bottom is 85k (divide by 6.7 for sterling) that's pretty good. Until I worked out I'd be subletting, and the lease was from Sept, so actually, its not a deal at all. It would save on the 5% agent fee, and 5% deposit - these people have a license to print money- but rather stay legal i think. Plus new job will write two checks to the landlord that I can then pay off monthly, which is a complete result, as it avoids interest. Reason number 754332 why new job is good move. Beaming at the world today.... i think it's quite irritating the two colleagues who know about my move.

On that note... why do management feel the need to keep people's imminent departure secret? It is so ridiculous, what, am I going to start recruiting my colleagues? Blabbing to my clients? It's unprofessional to just up and leave without giving people a couple of days to work out the questions they need to ask me on outstanding issues, or the projects from ages ago that I still have some docs on on my computer. I just don't like it.

Skies are blue today, though the air is crisp and cool - rather like spring time, which is a refreshing change. Being somewhat odd, I'm already missing the heat, and pining for May, which is truly perfect weather, but my odd homesick friends and colleagues are revelling in the rain. They're all mad.

No comments: