Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Middling along

Said goodbye to my first client today, having kept them back after an interview, much like a teacher, and thoroughly bollocked them for talking over each other and not finishing any point they were trying to make. He thanked me for being forthright - which made me smile - and generally 'blew smoke up my ass' as Ms W would say.

Other than that, a rather middling day so far. Cousin G arrived last night, on his world tax avoidance tour, and for the rugby, with pics of his recent safari in Africa on one of his escapes from work in Luanda. Apparently life in Luanda is dull, which surprises me, as I would have thought it was rather hairy. Anyway, taking him skiing this evening, he's off on a Big Bus tour in a minute with Ray the Taxi driver, so will get his ear talked off one way or another.

Joy of joys, mother reversed in to my car this morning. I know she doesn't like the corsa, but trying to squash it with her big 4x4 is a bit OTT I thought. Hurumph. She could have had the decency to crash into the panel with a scratch on it at least, but no, now two panels on the passenger side are scratched (some fkr with a key), and two panels on the driver's side are concave. I think it scares fellow drivers though, as the little grey bashed up corsa streaks by, so I'm consoling myself that I'm now developing a 'hard' persona with my chav car.

No comments: