Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The heat has fried my brain

I'm in a bad mood today, for no apparent reason. There was a taxi strike which left me standing on the side of the road this morning for 45mins in the stinking heat, so that may have something to do with it, but it is more to do with the fact that Dad & Nick refused to listen to me on the subject of choosing a computer, when they have zero clue, and I have worked for THREE (count 'em) computer companies and may have a small clue.
But that's petty and silly, and should be disregarded.
I'm still trying.

So summer is properly here now, the mercury hit 52 degrees, and humidity is high. In a quest to stay solid, rather than instantly dissolving in to a large and somewhat fatty puddle, marring the sparkling streets of the sandlands, I've been endeavouring to stay inside as much as possible. This has led to a small obsession with the gym - also driven by some rather manic sale shopping. I'm the proud owner of two dresses that don't fit me, and have precisely three weeks and two days in which to shed those crucial inches before Suzanna's wedding, and the outing of one or other of the new frocks. The gym hurts, spinning is evil, and sweaty clothes in a bag under my desk is just wrong, but the greater good (or in this case the looming threat of wedding photographers and the inevitable facebook albums) is driving me back there on a daily basis... even twice a day sometimes.

Tonight I'm shirking though, as we have a family dinner with my cousin and his wife & kids at the Ranches. It's a lovely restaurant, so I'm sure it'll be nice, I just have to get in the mood. In the next five minutes before the rentals pick me up (no taxis, remember). And not talk about computers.

Lots of work intrigue going on that may work out well for me, but stark reminders today of the league I'm working in... scary but cool....

No comments: