We have had a week of the haziest weather I've ever seen in the sandlands, which has been unimpressive in my opinion, and I informed the sandlords of same. It seems they have now decided to listen, and the haze appears to be clearing, which is rather pesky as it is no longer the weekend when sunshine is at its most useful. Walked across to Emirates Towers today to peruse the sales in Boutique 1 - a very silly idea a week before pay day, and I bowed to the invisible forces of the ShoppingDemon and bought a dress that juusssst about fits (it will by the time I want to wear it, honest) - and the sunshine was very unhelpful. I got very hot indeed. Bikini weather is just that - only good for bikinis, and not at all suited to work gear. Ban work!
Am rather bored this week. Sat in the management meeting this morning and basically heard about how busy I'd be in the autumn, which isn't terribly helpful right now.
Just had an email from Brandy, who is on a press junket to New York. That's unfair to start with, but she just sent me an email, typing with great glee "I have lunch with Ivanka tomorrow, followed by evening cocktails with Donald" .... as in Trump.... hilarious!!! They've flown her to New York, bloody business class, for 5 days, of which she's expected to work for 4hrs. Jammy bugger. And she's hanging out with Erica, so my two mates are living it up in NYC.... I'm not sulking. Honest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment