This morning I received an email from jon, my boy in NYC, who manages - every time - to put in to words what I didn't even know what I was thinking.
He sent me a note as he'd thought of me when visiting the telectroscope and wanted me to go and stand on the other end, so we could wave, and dance, and write messages. Unfortunately, the 'tunnel' only goes between NYC and London, and those virtual miners haven't redirected their shovels in the direction of the sandlands just yet, so virtual contact with Jon remains on email. Things like that make me want to get on a plane and go explore Jon's NYC and see what happens.
Off to the UK this weekend for Gran's 90th birthday. Hopefully - the plan is - to see the Peters cousins tomorrow night, then the Faricy clan gathers on Sat for a dinner (and inevitable drinks), followed by mass, en masse, Sunday morning, after which we all decamp to the Church Hall where the grandchildren (that's me that is) don aprons and serve the old people - apparently my gran has 106 guests to this lunch. It's a buffet, so not entirely sure what we're doing in our aprons, sporting hangovers, but we shall see! Wales... here I come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment