Monday, June 16, 2008

health kick

So I started the "health factory" diet this week, as well as kicking off my gym membership downstairs at work, so am feeling terribly virtuous. I decided that as I'm starting afresh, I needed a change of location, so I've also moved in to mum and dad's temporarily. It's rather nice hanging out with the dog and the cat while they're away, plus I reckon it is making me get up and walk in the evenings, so I'm well on my way to sylphdom.

I had my induction thingie at the gym just now and it was surprisingly ok, apart from the grotesque body fat results, which whilst should have been unsurprising still managed to shock me. On the plus side (no pun intended), at present I can burn 1360 calories whilst sitting on my arse, but should be able to burn 1500; as I'm eating food sent to me in little green cooler bags we should be on target. It is fantastic, not sure why I hadn't done it before, for the bargain sum of 86dhs, or about 11 pounds, I get breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks, delivered daily, and it is delicious. AND its only 1300 calories a day. I just polished off a beef burrito and italian salad that has left me properly full, and would have induced massive guilt had I not trusted myself in the Health Factory's hands. It had cheese on for chrissakes!!! Amazing!!! Enough of the Health Factory advertising now, Jill was right, I start to sound like a sales rep!

In other news. The weather is shite, though the Emiratis amongst us are delighted. I think it is something to do with the breeze that is pleasing them, as far as I can tell, it is damn hot, it's windy, there are big sand clouds that mean no beach or pool time for me, and that's about it. Not seeing the plus side, sorry....

No comments: