Thursday, August 21, 2008

latent dyslexia

I have just worked out that my 0905 flight is actually at 0950. That's 45mins of sleep I willfully discardeds. Now very sorry about that fact.

My quest to rule the world continues, as I somehow managed (again) to get promoted without the good bits. I'm now running the department, in charge of marketing, advertising, events/sponsorships, pr, ir, and the media wall... For no title or salary increase. I now firmly believe I have MUG tattooed on my forehead in a special "management eyes only" ink. Must really look at changing this, as I will end up the poorest plutocrat possible. Pah.

In the Emirates biz class lounge courtesy of my frq flyer card, rather than ticket, which screams CATTLE at me. These weekend wedding jaunts to the UK are bloody expensive, and it would be nice to be vaguely comfy. Ach well. Next time maybe.

Uncle Norman died this week, a lovely man who was a bit like a surrogate father to my dad, after Daddy's own father died in his early 20s. Very sad for Aunty Glad, who must be in her 90s, and Ed and David. Nana continues to hang on, oblivious to the squabbling siblings, thankfully, and Gran powers on through a social whirl of whist, bowls, dancing and church, living it up now she's 90! Mum and Dad have had a mixed time at home but sound relaxed, which is good. Jill is loving the make up artistry course, and I'm officially offering my services as a practice dummy! Nick is off on a stag somewhere, and there ends the sermon according to Peters.

No comments: