Quite annoying, I posted from my hospital bed whilst on a drip last Thursday but apparently the post has disappeared in to the ether. Irritating, as it was suitably dramatic, as would be expected from someone in hospital. Not that I'm one to exaggerate, or in any way overstate events. Obviously.
So the story, told factually and unemotionally, is essentially a tale of woe and.. how shit Welcare hospital really is. Went once, got antibiotics. They didn't work. Went again, was prescribed vinegar & bicarb of soda. Worked on the throat. Head began to throb menacingly. Went back, he sheepishly asked whether he'd prescribed anything for my ear. I reminded him of the vinegar & brown paper prescription. He promptly stuck me on an antibiotic drip, and prescribed a week of kick-ass tablets designed to gratutiously hunt down and eliminate any rogue antibody lurking in hidden corners, including ear canals. Seems to have worked, as the pulsing pain has gone, only to be replaced by an annoying itch. I'm virtuously refusing to scratch said itch, tho twigs and other pointy implements haunt my thoughts, dancing tantalizingly out of reach as I remind myself how bad it is to stick things in recently infected ear canals. SO tempting tho.
Apparently Mr Matthew Hunt is currently in Dubai on some work related mission, and has been billeted two streets away from my little flat, in Nunan. Coincidentally, that is also the surname of a friend of mine who relocated back to Australia and recently had a baby. Not that those two things are in any way attached, but it struck me as odd. Hoping to bump in to him at some point over the next couple of weeks, which would make this my WWAV month, given that I'm off to Ms McGing's wedding in a couple of weeks time. Next weekend to be precise.
In other news, work continues to crawl along like particularly stubborn treacle, and I can confidently say that my 'get work done' approach is not popular in the department I've inherited. I'm clearly a revolutionary with my crazy ideas about deadline, and my expectations of effort. Shocking, I know.
Things are coming along on the broadcasting front tho, which is the division I cleared of employees recently. However these positive steps forward meant that I had to be in work on Friday, which was particularly unfair as I'd skived off the breast cancer walk that morning due to still feeling like a pulsing potato head. Jill knows I love her and support her even if I didn't walk with them, and I paid me dues regardless. The evil ear infection also meant I had to give up my skydiving spot (tho I think I blogged on this previously) so all in all, my weekend was a rather dull combination of work and bedrest.
To gym or not to gym... I know I should, but don't know if I can really be arsed to wait until 630, and I'm not sure whether my balance is suitably back on track to actually go spinning without falling off, which would be embarrassing. I think I will. Who knows. I'll take the bag, walk downstairs, and see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment