I banished the blue tinge this morning, as it is almost the weekend, and you shouldn't go in to the weekend with blueness around. Actually, it was more to do with the fact that I had another horse riding lesson this morning, which rocked. I'm loving being back on horseback, even if I am a bit rubbish and can't really remember my diagonals, or which leg is inside and which is outside. I rode Bally this morning, who was had a distinctly bouncier trot than Harry, making the whole standing trot (rather than rising, bloody difficult) much bloody harder. Speedy canter though, which was fun. I felt like a real Jumeriah Jane (priviledged housewives in posh bit of Dubai who don't tend to work) poncing around in jodpurs along dewy grassy avenues on a sunny spring morning, then sitting with my coffee reading the Times on the computer - cliche-tastic. I had to sit down for a bit though as I had a bag of peas on my pesky shoulder, ruining the picture-perfect cliche somewhat. Must go back to my divinely gorgeous chiropractor immediately, my tendons are clearly missing him.
The networking thing last night was actually really busy, and I'm definitely going to go again and actually network. I caught up with a guy that I haven't seen for ages, so didn't really network at all in the end, and just stood with him and a colleague and chatted. There was nothing in the fridge when I got home, so mum and I moseyed over to the hotel on the complex. In happy coincidence, it was the residents evening, where drinks are free until 9pm (which was when we arrived - poor timing), which meant there were lots of people we know hanging around already merry. Had some lovely chats and restored my faith in humanity, after a week of mind-sapping conversations with people so negative it seems to seep out of their pores. Which is good, as I'm now restored to a blue-less state in time for the weekend. Bring it on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment