
I've decided my memory is shifting down a gear. It isn't failing, yet, but it just isn't as good as it used to be. Or I'm just not operating at full whack yet, since the summer. These reduced hours are lovely, but it is going to be incredibly hard to get used to 8-6 days again in November. Speaking of which, must finalize birthday shenanigans....
Attended my first (well, first of the season) iftar dinner last night. Sun held an event at Nafoorah in the Emirate Towers, it is delicious food but I spent most of the evening running around with the hilarious photographer from Layalina asking bored executives to stand up and pose for us.. in a magazine of Lebanese lovelies attending society balls, our little iftar may look a tad shabby. Not many glittering balls during Ramadan though. H and the Ns were up at Bresola but I retreated home to the sofa and a glass of vino to let the tiredness seep out. Bliss.
Suz has had exciting news - their offer on an edwardian maisonette (hope i have that right?!) has been accepted so they're in a whirlwind of surveys, mortgages and thoughts of period features! So excited for her, though the contrast with yet another 'no we have no villa for you' from my esteemed landlords was a bit galling! Hoping they'll be in by the next time i go home, but as that is due to be in December, I think that's ambitious. With Kate closing on her new house, and Sooz and Tom closing this deal I shall shortly be suitcase lady in the sandlands, though with any luck at the very least i'll have some welcoming hearths to curl up in.
And finally - proud cuz update - soph may not be lily allen's backing singer, but she has been chosen as the new lead singer of bonobo
Going on tour with them all around Europe... absolutely amazing achievement in my eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment