Thursday, October 12, 2006

handbags and gladrags

Received very exciting call last night from Natasha about a new shipment of bags she's got in from a seller - my addiction to second hand and vintage handbags is quite possibly destroying any chance I have of ever owning my own home, living comfortably in my dotage, or generally being vaguely sensible with cash, however, I'll be there this afternoon with bells on, pawing through their goodies. I can hear my cards screaming from the depths of my wallet.

Today feels like the first day of spring, and in honour of said feeling, I'm decked out in white jeans, green flip flops and a blue and white stripey shirt - feeling terribly preppy, which with an american boss is my excuse for super casual work attire. Its the weekend tomorrow, I'm allowed. I hope.

I'm planning to be quite productive today, in a very Jumeriah Jane kind of way; we had a burst water main this morning so I'm going for a wash and blow dry after work, hoping to get to the tailors, then to see the Wardrobe Girls, and finally to pick up frames for my Sevilla posters which will look lovely in my new flat, although it currently only exists in my head. I have a wonderous plan for said flat, with the prints that RiotArt are doing for me in the living room, and my birthday present painting from sailing buddy on the wall behind my bed, and the newborough seascape canvas in the kitchen, obviously all sitting on appropriate wall colours. Now I just need some walls to hang these pics on, and paint the colours I'm envisaging. A small hurdle, natch.

Countdown to two hours of incredibly boring phone interviews - on the agenda for this morning is SMB servers, Open Source, IT in Government and Business Process Management. If I manage to stay sane by lunchtime I would ideally reward myself with a large spritzer (to stay in preppy character) however being ramadan this would be made of date wine and that's just not quite the same. I could drop in on my Grosvenor buddies, I'm sure they'd have the real deal, but that could turn in to a sesh and destroy my carefully planned day.

Toodlepip chaps.

No comments: