Tuesday, April 10, 2007

bish bash bosh

A day of dispatching tasks, in a methodical and orderly fashion. Rather concerned that my memory is failing me, but then realize that multitasking has a strange limit on it, and once you have a certain number of tasks on the go, trying to start another becomes strangely impossible, and I experience a moment of WTFness, and have to reassess. We're pitching for a ginormous account, and if we win it, and he accepts the proposal, it means very cool possibilities for me personally, that were unfeasible just a few months ago. Need to be super convincing tomorrow morning, so please, keep things crossed for me?

Also had a day of sorting personal affairs, thinking about grown up things like houses and pensions and clearing niggly debts and things. Considering I started the day at 5.30am throwing pretend rifles around on the beach and boxing (and parroting under our breath 'show me some teeth... come on GRUNT' in bad aussie accents to get us through the session) on umm suquiem beach, I'm doing ok. Am off to a cookery class run by an ex-model now turned Downs Syndrome mum running charity for Downs Syndrome families as well as a cordon bluuuh school in the evenings. Nothing like a bit of superwoman in yer face at the end of a long day. The boys will no doubt simper, which will be even more annoying. Or amusing. Had a giggle with helena over the scenario of us being tasked with the washing up as the boys earnestly discussed the art of creating carrot flowers over a small aperatif. Then realized that it won't be so funny if it actually happens....

I'm late, so must dash. Final note though, lovely warm fuzzy feeling today hearing about two of my favourite people spending the day together in Brighton on Saturday - I introduced them and now they are friends in their own right. I do like it when that happens. I would just quite like to be there for the random wandering and diving in to bookshop action. Soon, inshallah.

No comments: