Monday, April 09, 2007

hmmm

Today has been quite slow really, as I've been out of the office most of the day in meetings. Had a lovely compliment from one of the account managers who i accompanied to a meeting (and dug out of a hole) asking if she might work with me more often. Was rather nice to feel appreciated, and desperately tried to be positive, measured and encouraging all in one. Didn't help that the ppt (which had been approved) was way off the mark and it was her first time presenting (though she rocked) but overall a successful meeting.

I'm currently attempting to rewrite my cv to make it more... well, appropriate for my line of business. I'm hoping that as 'creative' is part of my remit, this falls in that category.

Saw Ben today, dropped off Shantaram for him to read and felt a bit like a drug pusher - here, try this, it's amazing... etc. It's thick and with the requisite amount of testosterone for bed-ridden boy, so I thought it might work. His mum had a present for me, which was very unneccessary but very sweet, especially as it was some rather nice clarins moisturiser, which I'm currently rather lacking. Excellent ESP Mrs I.

They were saying that three girls turned up last night, having tracked ben down through various sources after watching his spectacular fall on Thursday. Apparently he fell past them as they were walking down the stairs, which must have been disturbing. They claim it took 45min for the ambulance to arrive, which i'm unsure about but ready to admit my mind was not on the clock at that point, but they also reckon they were holding the bouncers back from moving him, which I'm pretty sure is complete rubbish. Still, they called the ambulance, for which we're all hugely grateful. I have a recollection of someone on the phone to the ambulance by the time i got to him, and all I remember after that is holding his head and blood. Gives me a shiver still... but he's doing really well, and is mainly pissed off at his confinement at the moment.

In other news... nothing really. Off to meet Chris & his twin tonight, with Angela Andy's friend who has been staying. She's off tomorrow and Andy is committed to some squash tournament that will go on all night, so i'm dragging her off with me. As I have boot camp in the morning and apparently it involves throwing plastic rifles filled with sand around the beach, I'm going to take it easy tonight.

No comments: