Monday, April 02, 2007

An even hundred...

So apparently this is my hundreth post. One hundred meaningless nuggets of Dubai drunken antics, with an occasional work rant and sailing anecdote to smooth the way. Oh what fun.

Can we now discuss how it is raining in Dubai today - fairly serious rain, but still, it is rain. Get over it people. Someone in the office piped up 'It's the end of the world' and we then had a serious discussion about whether or not it is hail. It is over 20degrees outside. Ice melts. It is not fucking hailing. Having scoffed at all of them, our (usually) sensible Chief Accountant then walks in and announces it is actually snowing. They have all gone mad, water on the brain.

Speaking of going mad though, I started boot camp this morning. And actually slightly enjoyed it. Well, I didn't hate it, I nearly died at the end when I was struggling to breathe quite as regularly as my lungs would like, but it certainly wasn't the evilness that I'd envisaged. Strangely, instead of the shinsplints and random aches that I've been sporting after the gym sessions, all I had today was a headache, and I think that was more to do with the fact I didn't really sleep last night, as I kept waking up every hour or so to make sure it wasn't 5am already and I hadn't missed my first session, therefore forcing punishment exercizes on my team. Yep, had been indoctrinated in to the ways of boot camp before I stepped foot near the place. At the Bubble Lounge no less, during the races, carrying booze and smoking a faaag. Delightful. Was instructed then how the silliness may stop, there is a definite part of me rejoicing at this fact. And looking forward to a weekend of diving, and next weekend's wakeboarding / sailing marathon. Let's see how long this spell of activity can last......

No comments: