I'm typing this on the blackberry in the back of the Emirates courtesy limo. The only thing to read is the FT, and the car is a massive merc. I'm going to milk the benefits of flying business class for as long as possible, for if my plan comes together, there will be precious little business class travel in 2010. It's also quite fun playing at being a "poncey twat" as dear hans just exclaimed (laughing) as I pulled away from their cottage.
I've had a lovely week or so in blighty, starting with a quick trip back to the motherland (Anglesey) and a heartbreaking visit to my 94yr old Nana, offset slightly by walks on Trearddur Bay beach and lunches in the sun outside Meini Gwynion. Jack and Helen's wedding was lit with the "love and life" that they had chosen as their theme, with glorious sunshine drying the inevitable tears as we all spent time making sure we celebrated the beginning of their lives together, at the same time as savouring every last moment we have with Jack's mother, my aunt, Marilyn. Her cancer is charging through her body now, and she sent an email this morning updating us on how they're now sending her home with a drip for pain management, so not long. It is horribly sad for all of us.
London also obligingly turned on the rays at the beginning of the week, which always seduces me, a good thing at a time when I'm starting to put an exit strategy together to relocate back to these shores. Spending time with the girls; digging kate's garden and pootling round with her and Iwan, hanging out with Caroline and Bella (I can't believe she's 1 already) and Ems and Andy, seeing all my amazing cousins again in the pub for Bern's play (which rocked - Romeo and Juliet in a school cellar) as well as Pete and Lakkers, and finally Hans and J in their gorgeous little Hampshire village - I'm so super lucky to have these amazing people in my life, and I'd quite like to spend some more time with them, thanks!
Now the question is - how do I cunningly relocate the prentals and N/J home without them noticing my master-sleuth-manoevres??!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment