Thursday, May 29, 2008

Comprendez?

Non. Simple answer. Je ne comprende pas. Naada. Niet. Especially the differentials between middle distallates and the potential for transferrance...

One thing I did learn today is that the measures that Europe is putting in place to cut emissions before 2015... the total amount of carbon savings they achieve, IF they hit their targets, over the 7yr period, across all those countries.... woudl be 30% of what China & India whoosh out in one year. Plus, if we don't change that we're looking at a 6% temperature increase by 2030. Those little nuggets were from the Intl Energy Association, and they should know. They were very carbon focused actually, and had lots of charts and initiatives that they were talking about, including carbon capture and re-use in maximising efficiencies in energy production, which i found interesting. Mainly because I'm a geek, but whatever. Roll on CME taking over, so I can try and finangle my way in to their carbon contracts...

What else. Talked work politics with the girl I went to the lunch with, which was illuminating if slightly worrying, and not at all up my street really. Not getting drawn in to that nonsense this early on! Saw wilf & henry, and ulrika as well - strangely enough - at the lunch, all of whom were equally suprised to see me there. Ulrika is still looking smoothly swedish, all blonde and glam, and I still have precious little to say to her for no apparent reason, she's as blandly likeable as usual. Worked out I haven't seen her for about 3yrs, which is rather a lot, one would hope I'd changed a bit, but I think I have to admit that I haven't really at all.

Caroline & Jonah had a babbie this week - Bella Jones, born on Monday. Unsurprisingly beautiful, and carro looked equally lovely, which I find fundamentally wrong when she'd just given birth!!! She was glowing, and I'm super happy for her... happy sigh...

Not much more really. Erica came round this week and we gossiped lots, the Leb has disappeared in to the woodwork which is no bad thing, it is the weekend but I haven't been paid yet, so that means another quiet one for me, and potentially a much cleaner wardrobe (that I can actually open!?) by the end of the weekend. Dad is home from his smelly and broken rig off the Bombay coast, which is likely to mean he commandeered the champagne bottle on the flight back and will stumble off the flight, I think that's thoroughly deserved tho by the sound of the rig. Bedbugs and no loo-roll. Ick. Give that man a drink.

over and out sportsfans, till next time. x

No comments: