So, another day is drawing to a close, and I'm looking out of huge windows, on the corner of a building (well, through the glass office in the corner where there's an interview taking place... so I'm trying not to gaze at the view too intently) at the lights of the marina twinkling (through the dirty rain marks on the glass) and listening to this guy make a complete hash of his interview. We had to try and let someone go today - seems my boss and I are more alike than I thought - she ended up telling him she'd consider keeping him on, so he's got grace until the end of the week (um, tomorrow) but HR have said he has to go. Then later on, when she got a phone call regarding a pitch (we're one of the last two agencies left) she announced that we'd be drinking champagne if we sign this... definite mental 'tick-box'! I suggested that we go up a vintage each time we win an account, at this rate, by this time next year we'll be on $1k upwards bottles... but I'm just buzzing with 'new-job-ness' and bouncing around tigger-stylee. Had to shut myself up in pitch today, though think I was waffling some kind of sense!
Not much else going on, still waiting for cheques from the company, so still waiting to move in to the new flat, was hoping that this could happen this weekend but that is now looking unlikely. Basically, I'm going to end up having paid an extra month that I won't have lived there, but I guess I was never going to get it perfectly falling in to place. Bit easy, when there's a comfy pad at home to traipse home to..... complete with sms' like the one that just appeared on my phone wondering whether I'd like dinner made for me this evening....
Off to Barasti later - beach bar - perfect for freezing cold Dec evening??! Actually, it's hardly freezing, but on our wimpish scale it's pretty chilly. Keeps sodding raining, which is highly pesky, as the traffic slows down to a crawl, and life just gets a bit more difficult. I shouted at a taxi driver the other day for putting his hazards on driving along happily in the fast lane with no apparent obstruction or danger anywhere near us.... I lectured him in the use of driving signals. He didn't appreciate it, I cannot for the life of me imagine why not.
Saw pics from the 7s today - N sent round links to his kodak site. So happy he made those available to the public view. I don't look dreadful at all. No, after two days of drinking in the rain, wearing three rugby shirts at the same time, I look positively radiant, glowing, no puffiness or slightly closed eyes, clear skin and a sprightly demeanor. Honest. Argh.
I think that's about it for now, I need to go dive in to the traffic...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment