Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Singing in the Rain
So, we all went to the 7s this weekend. Two days of sunshine, heineken, international 7s teams playing fantastic rugby.... well, two out of three isn't bad. It bloody pissed it down. The heavens opened, and we all sat, coated in bin bags, with soaked jeans and wearing multiple rugby shirts (the shops did a roaring trade) watching the teams slip and slide around the pitch. Actually, the teams were probably the least phased of everyone, being from countries like New Zealand, England and Wales, where playing in full sunshine is probably more of a struggle. South Africa still came out on top though, which somewhat defeats that theory. I love the 7s, I'm a very big fan, love the atmosphere, the rugby, the dancing in the stands, seeing a million people you haven't seen for ages, blagging vip passes for the free booze tents... everything about it. You even bump in to people who have left Dubai - which is a bonus - I have a dinner date lined up for when i go home at Christmas apparently! It seems that the stage of 'I love you' drunkenness, where you are no where near sober, but not at dribbling stage, or in my case, cross eyed stage, well, that stage lasts most of the day at the 7s. You start on the beers at about 10am, by 2pm you love the world, by 4 you are actually too full of liquid to drink any more, but somehow still not drunk, and then at about 10pm you find yourself at the irish village pole dancing around a lamppost ... ??? Not me, obviously. "One" might. Thankfully, I have the week off this week, ostensibly to move, but really to detox before new job starts next week. Tonight is our launch party for the new company - I need to find something black tie to wear that says 'I'm a sophisticated consultant' not... 'i'm ready to paaarty'. Unfortunately my black tie repertoire is rather limited so the chances of it having much to say at all are slim.... today's mission is to fix this - loving being a lady of leisure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment