So the year is closing down... I'm flying to the cold land tonight, for a wedding in about two days for which I STILL have to get arse online and buy a present, and am possibly going to run around like blu-arsed fly for next few days seeing everyone and doing everything in a very small amount of time. Much like every other day then. May explode one of these days, from the sheer lack of time to do, well, anything.
Had a massive pitch today in AD - went well I think - my part didn't get too questioned, and I raised some points when they referenced their experiences, so felt vaguely useful. Got pat on the back from the CEO, but not very good at getting patted, so immediately felt like it was a sympathy pat and meant I was dire etc.etc.etc. Drama, of course. Good experience anyway, and will be interesting to see their feedback. It was great being part of a total communications solution, with every part of the agency playing a part.... felt like it really meant something.
Christmas was good - hideously overdressed for S&R's on the day itself, they were in denim mins and tank tops, I was in a black and white wrap dress. Whoops. Chilled all day with them - S did an amazing job on her first turkey and dinner was fabulous.... ate too much of course and had to lie on the floor to play pictionary with her cousins/aunt/uncle/chihuaua, as is customary at Christmas. Heard the wonderful news that Suz is engaged to the fabulous Tom - all terribly romantic in Hong Kong or somewhere, also heard that Toby is engaged - its like an epidemic. Terribly depressing, though I'm massively excited about S's wedding. Must hear more about the plans but her being down under is not helping on the communication front.
Must escape now and pack, pick up at midnight, land early tomorrow morning, and arrive at Lakshmi's at some ungodly hour - poor thing, agreeing to have me turn up on her doorstep! Planning to do wintery London things all day tomorrow, then tootle up to Cambridge on Thurs, via Jodi somehow, as she has my SIM card and I have her ring. Going to be a mission to collect all wintery type clothing from various flats and houses I seem to be spreading myself across at the moment, wiht requisite chaos, so shall now attempt to sneak out cunningly. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment