Tuesday, December 19, 2006

quiet time

And another day in the fast lane starts to draw to a close. I'm starting to love the half hour before I leave, after S scurries out, and when the office is quietening down. Being a leb-tastic ad agency, it doesn't really empty, as its all about the hours, but it is a nice background whisper rather than the hi-NRG 'chat' during the day. And yes, that was tongue in cheek. I'm loving the new job, though as I said to L last night, there are occasional moments where I feel as if I should raise my hand and shout - I lied! I can't do this at all! But it seems I can, and I'm loving it. Off to a pitch in the morning, signed a massive new client the other day (who I told I'd love to visit saudi again?!?!) and another ma-hu-sive pitch in scabbydabby on boxing day, which I have been volunteered for. I'm hoping it ends up on the 27th as I may be hungover on the 26th... just a suspicion of course.

Just had a call from M&D - they have moved me out of their house today. I know they are doing it because they are amazing, and incredibly giving people, however it has prompted a number of jokes about how quickly they want me gone... whimper, sob! Their maid Lalanthe, who is a stout whirlwind, and her tall slim husband (reminds me of that nursery rhyme) have been involved all day with the whole process, and Lalanthe has pretty much organized everyone, as is her wont. Incredible twosome, building a house and a shop in Sri Lanka with their earnings, to put their daughter through school. Lalanthe cannot fathom why I'm not married with at least five babies by now, and this bothers her a bit, but she's happy for me now as I'm finally conforming to one stereotype that she approves of, single career lady. Single career lady living with parentals was not something she really got. Along wiht the rest of the world! It has been fantastic though, and no regrets, and I'm moving out before I fell out with them, which is very important.

So, I'm going to shut up shop now, have a last read through the pitch presentation, tootle down three blocks to my (now) sparkly clean yet empty flat, and wait for the onslaught of parents & Lalanthe to direct me every which way. Love it.

No comments: