Wednesday, January 17, 2007

mint lemonade

I am bored of titles. Why? My day has been varied, dynamic and - ok, no, it has been hectic busy and rather headless chickeny, however, it doesn't fit in to a title. Especially a pseudo witty one. So I have titled this entry after the mint lemonade currently seeping out of its plastic cup (How does it do that? HOW?) and burning my tongue with its relentless acidity.

I have a secret project and it is giving me inordinate amounts of enjoyment. I think it will make the recepients cry, but happy tears I hope, and I think I'll blub buckets. But I am loving project stage.

Today has been a pretty good day. I rolled out of bed, and through the wonders of body brushing, actually then woke up - it is a miracle cure. Honestly totally changes my outlook on the world from foggy hatred to eyes open, action stations. So much so I was then inspired to make carrot juice to add to the dregs of a carton of orange juice, and the dregs of a pink grapefruit juice carton. Perhaps less of the grapefruit next time. That fired me up even more, so I bought a latte with an extra shot on the walk in to work, so by the time I got to my office I was positively insufferably cheerful. Has actually lasted most of the day - managed to blag that I understood a financial results press release briefing meeting (until I had to write the fucking release - without the actual numbers... interesting), and got called in to a pitch about half an hour before we had to leave the office, so ended up winging it all the way through and interrupting my colleague. I think we made sense as a team, lots of talk of leveraging your budget through collaboration, which essentially means, we'll work for half the countries for free as long as we never have to talk to them and you just duplicate the work and get on with it. Not sure that's really the way to build a business but if the buggers want to play silly-ball then there we go. Last night a new friend, I think, told me they'd pitched for Halliburton. I told him I didn't know how he slept at night, and I'm not sure he agreed. I know, today at work I'll go and manage the reputation of one of the most morally corrupt companies of all time. Hooray. Let me bounce down the road with a perky step. All the carrots in the world couldn't get me fired up to deal with that pile of shit.

On a more positive note... my mouth tastes of garlic from my lebanese supper I just inhaled sitting at my desk. Figured it made more sense to eat earlier, whilst at desk, rather than at ten oclock on my sofa then falling in to bed. As predicted, I'm now thinking of going and socializing with the outside world, sporting repugnant garlic breath. They even keep the social handgrenade juice in a separate pot, but oh no, I always manage to finish the whole pot. And then have breath that would slay a thousand vampires at thirty paces. For a week. No less. I joke not.

Finally - prison break (on dvd) is officially addictive. I watched from 8-1am last night, even watching while I cooked. Curried veg...with houmous to bind. Surprisingly delicious. I could bore the two of you who may occasionally glance at these wafflings with the recipe but it might take too long. Veg. Curry powder. Houmous. Done.

No comments: