Tuesday, January 30, 2007

frantically chewing gum

My day has swung from energised, to chilled and organized, to deafened, to frantic, to wind down. I'm scrambling over the ledge towards wind down now, it is almost in my sights.

Apparently wires don't like waiting. Previously, they had something I wanted, so they slapped me down like a slavering puppy. Now, I have something they want, so they've become the puppy, but this one has been starved for a month and I'm about to eat a burger behind a closed door.... we can all smell it. I can feel the claws on the door. Then the burger provider says, ooh, no, I can give you the burger, but no bun, salad or actual juice. And everyone feels cheated, and gets cross, and who lands up in the middle.

Still, I waited in six lines today, and endured three hours without phone connection to change from pre-paid to post paid, and get tv and internet switched on. Well, no, actually, I paid money for the promise that they'd come and switch them on next Sunday at 2.30pm. Then I got a call from the maid's agency saying she thinks it is too much work without a vacuum cleaner (i thought tiles were easier with a brush?) and please can I go and purchase one. So basically, the world is after my hardfoughtfor pay packet, which landed in the bank today, and I have clients and journalists screaming down my neck for information I don't have.

However, it is a beautiful day, and I have walked quite a lot today, so I'm feeling relatively healthy. Perhaps this is due to the organic carrot & apples that I juiced this morning, complete with wheatgrass shot and vitamins.... I shocked myself. I forgot the spirulina, but i think i probably coped ok. Went out for pizza last night with the prentals, and angie & peter (who leave tomorrow, so i said goodbye yesterday, was lovely to see my angelic godmother as usual, and as usual, quite terrifying how much i resemble her) so felt the need to be good.

Clare is on her way round to the house now, so I may take advantage of the fact I have neither a blackberry nor internet connection in the flat, and tootle home in peace and quiet, safe in the knowledge my day is truly over. Until they phone and take advantage of the fact everyone knows I live three blocks from the office. No-one has done that yet, I think they're waiting to pull that particular trump card, but I'm dreading its arrival as I think a whole flurry of trumps will follow. How terribly suffocating that will be.

No comments: