I had a lovely afternoon today, mooching around the DIFC, as part of the 'be and be seen' campaign. It is our theory that if we hang out there enough, being busy on laptops, people will think we actually have office space there, and thereby associate us with the rich types who got on the list in 378BC. Or that we're job-less, and offer us something glitteringly well paid with government type hours of 11-3, 4days a week. Sadly, so far it has resulted in over-consumption of caffeine, which has me slightly jittery at my desk. Thankfully, the week is now over so I can bounce off home through the rather blustery streets, to my cat-hair-strewn apartment, and the prospect of entertaining the parentals for an hour or so. They're coming round to help me hang up the pictures I had done of the lisbon graffiti, which is tremendously exciting and should really round off the flat rather nicely.
Tomorrow I'm embarking on another mammoth sailing adventure, which I haven't quite thought through, as we set off on a 24hr race from Friday lunchtime. No idea whether it will rain or blow a hoolie, and not sure I have gear for either of these eventualities, nor do I know what my role is on the crew at the moment, but I'm determined to stay a part of this crew until the Maktoum Cup, at least to have my very own polo shirt making me part of a real live pro-regatta. Then I'll have one of my lifetime 'to-do's' ticked off at the very least. Plus it should be absolutely brilliant. Which is a bonus. Even if I'm on the rail. Well, that part is slightly debatable, but i'm a positive frame of mind, why dwell.
Off I trot, picture hanging to be done, random London work mates to be caught up with later on, and leaving drinks for yet another of our reprobate clan to be attended later on. Whatever will happen to us, perhaps Dubai really is the transient place they claim. Nah, bollocks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment