Today is one of those days it is rude not to be outside. The sun is shining, there's a fresh breeze, it's not too hot, and nowhere near cold, and everyone has a general spring in their step... apart from the evil witch in the corner office who only has two settings- loud and extra loud. Anyway, I'm actively fighting the urge to jump in a cab, go across the road (it is a big road, and there are buildings in the way too) and join the Yo crew in Barasti. I have a shedload of work to do, and am actively batting things back to clients left right and center (should've joined the Yankees) as they dream up obscure and ridiculous tasks for me, just as I'm on my own. Then madam claims that SB had said our dept was going to be self sufficient, at which point I was ready to stuff her silly necklace with the christmas bauble on it up her nostril just to see what she did next.
I did escape to barasti yesterday (habit forming? urm, yes) at about half five, to join the nippers (josephine joined dan for some 21yr old man lovin, ever so cute) and big pete for a few, then retired to wagas with aforementioned nippers prior to a mad dash to the cinema. Just to clarify, the nippers are not named for their race (not of any kind of asian origin) but because they're 21. I didn't even get it when G started giving me shit for calling someone a nipper.... took quite a while before he could convince me he wasn't smoking crack. We finally got in to the cinema as the opening scenes began to roll... H obviously thought that was a smashing idea, as she then tripped, and went crashing headfirst into her nachos and diet coke, sprawled across the floor. I'm not sure if it was a good thing we were in the front row - lots of space to fly, and no-one to spill on, but a whole cinema of people to witness you stand up covered in plastic cheese. G offered to lick it off her neck, but she sent him off for napkins. Sensible decision, as he is possibly the most boring man in the world. I've decided he's intimidated by her, as when she's not around he's really fairly sociably... um, skilled. I was searching for the opposite of inept there, as it seems to be an obvious adjective when thinking of this poor maligned individual. Claws away now, he's very sweet. Upshot was, we kept laughing throughout the film as H found more bits of escapee cheese around her person. Would have been fine if we'd been watching the wedding crashers or similar, not so good when watching Blood Diamond. Which incidentally, I thought was fab.
Second session of personal trainer again as well, loving her work, she's really very good. I feel like I'm pushing myself just enough, but not flogging my guts out for no reward. Tres beans. I even chatted today. Amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment