So, I'm on my own for a few days now, SB has jetted off to Germany to be at her mother's side when she wakes up from an op. Rather sweet really, Sam has taken tiffany baby gifts inscribed with the date, to mark the beginning of her mum's new life, sharing Sam's birthday going forward. All a bit emotional, so everything is crossed for them both.
I've discovered that my natural tendency is to put my feet on the desk and relax (hence blogging at ten to eleven in the morning which is clearly manic hour). I'm fighting said tendency, but when I realized that the brief I'd been given for the release I was fighting with wasn't even in the right solar system, I've bashed it back to the client accompanied by a particularly short mail, and given myself five minutes off. The tenor of my mood can always be judged by the brevity of my mails; anything under a paragraph suggests that you don't enter the office, and the recepient of a one liner should really leave the country.
Had a fitness assessment yesterday, turns out I have a low resting heart rate of 60, which is good apparently, and excellent blood pressure of 121/81 - which is apparently just right. Good to know I'm doing something right when it comes to looking after my body. Really enjoyed the session (bizarrely) as the trainer was very unemotional, encouraging yet not cheesy, and totally knew her stuff. Strangely looking forward to tomorrow morning when we hit session two. However, I'm definitely feeling it today, with strange pec type muscles hurting when I reach in odd directions, so I'm a bit clumsy and fingers&thumbs today. Really would rather be out on the water sailing the maktoum cup, especially as they got a first and a second yesterday, but c'est la vie, I guess I need to pay the bills. Bring on the day when yachting comes first and work second... sigh.
Off to see blood diamond tonight with the usual suspects, looks like a good filum, looking forward to some big screen popcorn action. Last night I pottered round the flat, creating a masterpiece receipe for pork and shrimp burgers - basically - for two burgers you mince up 2 large frozen shrimp, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 small onion, bit of coriander, pepper, salt, lime juice, and 2 chopped up chillis (that was a bit much tho, maybe one next time) in one of those mini blenders for spices. Then take the skins off two normal sausages, mix it all together, form burgers, and stick them in the frying pan. Divine. Would be perfect on big flat farm mushrooms and some oven-dried mini-tomatoes for a super easy, super special dinner. Loving the masterchef moments.... and now I've got it written here so I can't forget!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Recipe sounds promising - will try it if I don't find myself homeless at the end of March.
Am flattered and gratified you've seen fit to link to my blog but fear I must point out that the link doesn't work =(
Post a Comment