Though I am not usually of the ecowarrior persuasion, living in one of the least aware cities in the world, I am increasingly convinced of the need to do some guerilla action on the ladies loos in the Emaar properties.
The situation is this.... filipino ladies are expressly employed to check that the loos are clean. In my opinion, that would mean an hourly whip round making sure nothing is leaking, there isn't tissue all over the floor, or blockages rendering a loo unusable. Apparently I'm wrong though, and what it means is that they hover outside the stall door, leaping in as you exit to flush the loo again... no matter what remains, or doesn't remain, in the bowl. I keep wanting to shout - look - I did it already ok, i had a quick wee, and it is alllll gonnnne. Not only is this unnerving and faintly insulting, it is also completely unnecessary in a desert country where we have to make our own water from the sea most of the time.
Which brings me to the guerilla bit. I'm well up for sneaking in on a weekend, armed with bricks to pop in the cistern. What I've just realized though, is there are no cisterns, or more accurately, there probably are, but they've been bricked in to the wall. So my guerilla activity would involve chipping the walls away in 6 stalls, over 7 floors, in our building alone. Estimating an hour a wall, to cover the business park would end up taking 168 hours, or a full week. However, if I recruited a team of 7, we could do it in a day. Unfortunately, I don't think I care enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment