Sunday, February 25, 2007

On Addiction

What constitutes addiction? I've decided that we have far too much fun on a weekly basis, that it must stop, and normal life resume, before I grind myself in to the ground. I came to this conclusion sitting at a banqueting table under the stars last night at the Maktoum cup awards dinner, with 18 other people in tasty red hawaaiian shirts - truly stylish - downing yet more evil grape juice. Every time I think about slowing down, another reason to party pops up - this weekend it is Sophie C's visit, thursday was jill's hen night (fab!) and friday and saturday were throughly sailing focused. We did win, which was satisfying, though I did absolutely nothing to contribute as I was on the rail the whole time. Fantastic to have the nippers around to play with, though slightly worrying that I am on the same wavelength as two 21yr old boys. Terrifying, actually. So - addicted to fun? Professional Party Queen? Or just pisshead? All of the above I feel.

No comments: