Thursday, January 11, 2007

SuckOok

I have been trying to get to grips with the reality of my new job today. Apparently I have transmogrified in to a financial whiz kid, capable of presenting to financial experts in London at an Islamic Conference. Well, not personally, but putting the words in the mouth of the man that can. This is terrifying me, and was not helped by discovering a website that purported to be helpful, whilst offering articles like this, which are clearly not 100% kosher, if that isn't too much of an inappropriate comment when referring to Sharia law. Of course it is, who am I kidding. It was meant to be. Article amused me though, as did this one, but then spent about an hour trying to 'get the joke' on the other articles, and failing to see it, leaving me thoroughly perplexed as to whether there were just rouge articles to trick the likes of me, or whether the whole site was a spoof. Pesky spoofers.

Had lunch out with the team from the agency, in the sunshine, eating lebanese food with half the arabic team refusing food, and just smoking shisha. Rather lovely, and reminded me that this is the time of year where we sandland residents gloat over the UK people in the rain and sleet, and get royally paid back in the summer time when we are sweating and getting colds from the stupid a/c, whilst everyone in the UK is picnicing in parks, going to festivals, and having long lunches in pub gardens on work days. So feel somewhat more justified in gloating while we have the lovely weather. Almost makes me want to take up work day smoking (rather than just bar based smoking) just to get outside during the day... but I have resisted.

Out tonight with NBT, which will be excellent as I haven't seen her for far too long and she's got loads of mad things happening in her life which I need to know about. Sailing tomorrow at 8am, joy, then dinner party at H's which should be suitably messy, so lots to look forward to. Still trying to get to a place where I can entertain in my flat, but not rushing in to it, as it's hardly palatial. Still, it's aimee sized, and that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

moryarti said...

I never knew you had a blog

Very nice ;)

esp the 2003 archives :P