Thursday, January 25, 2007

weekly roundup

I seem to have become quite crap at updating this. I'm not sure whether that is a reflection of my brain actually being engaged all of a sudden (no offense to my lovely blogwriting mateys!) or the fact that my computer screen now faces the rest of the office, rather than the wall as it did before. I'm going to invest in one of those cunning screen hiders, that only allow you to see the screen if you look right at it, or something, not sure how it works really. As my list of 'to-do's is about as long as my arm, I'm not entirely sure when this will happen.

This week has been rather full on really, with the visit of London boss, who turned out to be a really nice guy, and the arrival of the cats, and only one night not out and about. Work has been satisfyingly busy, with stupidly high targets for new business and meetings galore, but loving it, which is exciting again. If I can keep this buzz longer than a year this time I'll be laughing. Got a good feeling about this one, but I guess that's what I always say! My horoscope told me to set up my own business today, I wisely clicked delete and ignored it.

The cats are a rather random addition to my life though. They belong to a friend who left rather quickly late last year, and is planning on shipping them back to the UK to join her, but the stupid vet then lost their blood certificates. So they're with me for a few months, and in the three days they've been at mine have woken me up with paws up my nose, sat in the sink while I shower and watch me put my make up on, together, sat side by side about a foot from my face, and generally chat to me quite a lot as they hang out on shelves, under the tv, half way up a curtain etc. They're both snow white, rosie has longer hair than jack, and they're rather adorable. However I am now living the cliche of the single thirtysomething with pretty cats, which makes me laugh, when I'm not slitting my wrists. I'm kidding, obviously. They're hilarious, and I feel slightly bad I'm not hanging out with them more often, then realize how mad that sounds.

This week has been rather mental, spent sunday with mum working on the secret project, monday was andy lamb's birthday but really quiet in the end, and a good thing as tuesday went mental. All fell apart at the seams somehow, possibly when tanya suggested tequila at about ten pm in scarletts and we were limbo dancing about an hour later. Felt rotten yesterday but managed to drag ass to the agency to meet erica which was lovely, then the evil W and his cohorts turned up and dragged us to Barzar. I was the only non-NorthAmerican, which was bizarre, and really nice and refreshing really.

So, sailing both days of this weekend starting at 8am till at least 4, a dinner party tonight, and leaving do tomorrow night, so full on weekend again. No rest for the wicked.

No comments: