- tripped, fell, broke phone, nearly broke back & bruised underarm at the weekend. Joy.
- Couldn't get replacement phone on sat so was MIA according to work (umm...weekend?)
- Fly to cairo on Sunday, spend morning shouting and being shouted at, packing, swearing at cats, and being in agony with stupid back
- Get to Cairo, slip coming out of airport, nearly cry out with back agony
- Land, email, client going nuts, work going nuts. Rewriting speech for the 8millionth time, that they've already refused to sign the quotation for, so likelihood is, we won't get paid for the f'ing thing.
- Day Zero, up at 7am for press conference at 11, all in control till they decide to start rewriting the release at 9am first, no, fine, I get a printer in my room. Then that breaks. Then AGAIN at 10am, in she comes, oh we'd like to change the wording of this in the Arabic version. Not the meaning then? No, just the wording. Don't care that you need to now reprint 30 copies on a broken printer in 37minutes. Then he re-writes the speech for tomorrow (again, but this time, helpfully, writes his notes in Arabic. No point meant there then) and asks (as I'm heading along with the media) if I can get it typed up. Um, let's call that a no, shall we?
- All over, great attendance, three tv crews... success? No. Oh No. Let's rewrite the F'ing speech again, and, yep, just for fun, let's refuse to pay for today. Why? The corporate credit card is full. This is my problem HOW exactly?
- Then - oh, I thought you were flying out tonight. Jesus wept. I f'ing wish. I'm seriously contemplating going waitlist on the flight in two hours, if I didn't know how much it would piss them off.
- Back still hurts. Payment sorted though, and hopefully, most balls batted securely back in to their court. Still have to get through tomorrow though. Doesn't look like I'm going to get time to see the pyramids (or indeed, anything outside this hotel, which is nowhere near downtown) so, hey, Cairo, see you next time!
Monday, March 05, 2007
77 Levels of Hell
I think my stars are in some kind of astroid attack, as the world has turned upside down in the last few days. I'm fairly confident it will right again pretty soon, but since when is it fair that one person get so much sodding drama? Bullet points again, too much going on for sentences... brain... cannot....cope....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment