Ban Sairee was just spectactular - see the view from the house - the chalet thing where they got married was on the left of this picture, you can see the pool and the whole garden is packed with these gorgeous palm trees.
In fact apart from nearly killing the minibus driver the day was quite perfect. He did turn up an hour and a half late then half way through the journey claimed to have no directions, no ability to speak english, and no telephone (all three had been confirmed with him at the start of the journey) So this multinational group of new friends was treated to the sight of me slightly losing the plot on a dust road in thailand in a silk dress. Brilliant. Roly saved the day by finding a cab who knew the place... magically as soon as we threatened to abandon minibuses and get cabs the driver knew exactly where he was going.Still, you have to have some minidramas.
Arrived back in Dubai this morning, much to my disgust. Have never been quite so unprepared to be thrust back in to the machinations of working life, and ready to say 'bin it' when ever anyone speaks. Whole piles of pooh to wade through, and most should have never reached pooh stage.
Saying sayonara to the cats this weekend though, as Jodi flies through on her way back to the land of Oz. Seems London living wasn't for her after all, and now I have another person to visit down under, which is making a trip that way more and more likely for 2008 methinks. Need to find a good home for them, as I'll miss their company, but I am looking forward to leaving the windows open and bringing shopping in without fearing their escape and immediate flattening by large vehicle, and that small matter of being able to breathe properly in my own house. My couch is buggered and won't ever be the same, but hell, it's only a couch.
A zillion little things to sort out and my horoscope reckons I have money shit to sort as well. I think I'm going to have to have a spring clean of the dark corners in my personal life, such as festering credit cards and car loan, ready for my escape from the evil world of PR, when I figure out something else I would be good at, interested in, and vaguely fitting for. I expect this will take a while. If it happens at all, for, as anyone who knows me well, what I'm best at is looking for the next big thing, never the one I'm currently doing. C'est la vie. xx

No comments:
Post a Comment