On one hand, it is fantastic to be back safe at my desk, with the protection of my office walls, and the normality of office banter. We bought hershey's kisses for everyone at lunchtime. On the other hand, the spectre of gloom that is my darling client of recent posts continues to haunt. Yesterday it was discovered, by me, on awakening in Cairo (dxb time -2) that the wrong release had been sent out. I dispatched minions to send the right one pronto and call everyone to apologise and beg them to print the right one. Usually failsafe. 8 out of 10 papers have printed the wrong one this morning. Chief Minion swears blind he made the calls and begged the editors to use the right one, early in the morning, in plenty of time. There is nothing I hate more than situations like this - as it is mainly my fault. I went to send the right one to everyone, as a reminder, the night before it was due to go out. I pressed send. I got two bounce backs. I checked them, they were from minions in countries that didn't matter. It was 10pm. I shut my computer. On discovery of the debacle I checked my sent items. The mail hadn't sent to anyone. So it's my fault. Sort of - Chief Minion knew of the change earlier in the day, just hadn't told anyone. But I'm the boss, so it is still my fault. I hate having underlings, I'm so much better at working on my own.
Other than moaning... hmm... interesting concept. I feel like all I have been doing is wading through gloom for days, so approaching light is an interesting feeling. I really cannot comprehend the fact that on Monday night I'm boarding an Emirates flight to Bangkok. So much so that I actually haven't booked my connecting flight to Koh Samui yet. Must do that. Going to see le croyds tonight in the Royal Mirage with her lovely boyf for dinner, with Erica & her man, Ferg & his other half and some random called Julian, more than likely with his other half as well. Not feeling like a half at all then. Oh, my 'not moaning' didn't last terribly long then did it? It will be lovely, beautiful hotel, fun people and I won't see her for a while. Possibly till her wedding... which is so clearly looming it's casting a shadow. Her wedding will be amazing... I checked that i'm invited, which is probably a faux pas but bugger it I've known her fourteen years, and I am, so that's good.
Potential cat freedom also approaching, with the return of their mammy whilst I was away in the big C... she was visiting from grey London with a plan afoot, though as I wasn't here, I didn't get to learn of said plan. I'm waiting on tenterhooks. Or tenderhooks? Hmm. Much as I love them, and they are seriously lovley animals, two cats in my teeny apartment is just not working for me, or my wheezing. Not attractive, wheezing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment