Thursday, March 01, 2007

H.E.Ns and other tales

I just had to walk through the agency with a thin white t-shirt on and the worst case of HENs I've experienced in a long time. I thought I might take someone's eye out. Resorted to aggressive self-hugging technique which doesn't really work, as boobs end up resting under chin. A quandrary, and made me happy I brought jumper in this morning, even if i did look a bit of a nobber walking along sunny streets in a woolly jumper. With a glass of bright green juice. Wheatgrass & spirulina you see, with a dash of milk thistle (it is coming up to the weekend) whisked together with some mango & cranberry - this is my health onslaught prior to the silliness. I've had a week off silliness, and am feeling great, the personal trainer stuff is still working out, still loving it, which is surprising even me. I've also been fighting this bug that's going around... got hit mid-week and insisted on coming in to work, then made lots of stupid mistakes that i've spent the rest of the week rectifying. Lesson. When ill, go to bed.

H&S&A and I went to the tennis last night, and waved at Mum and Dad a few rows down to the left who were sitting with my cousin Ian. He's very cool, lives down south with his very normal family, who are all rather lovely. He and his wife buggered off round Australia for their honeymoon, which really surprised me as I'd always thought they were a bit boring. Seeminly not at all. His dad is my dad's eldest brother, by quite a stretch, and his mum is currently undergoing all sorts of crap for various stomach area cancers. She's lovely, and we're all hoping she pulls through, but it is such an evil disease. His brother, my oldest cousin, has the other awful evil disease, that dare not speak its name, which I only found out recently. He's been actively gay for over 20 years, and partied in the 80s with all sorts of people, apparently that's when he contracted it. It was a massive shock when I found out, though then I was almost surprised that I'd never thought of it before, he's been sickly for years. So, Ian's normal family and 'decent' job hides a myriad of pain and suffering, yet still they plod along, happy enough, and making the best of the good stuff. Makes a moaner like me cringe with shame.

Anwyay - tennis - back on track. Federer creamed some poor individual first, returning one 'unreturnable' shot by jumping over it and slamming it through his legs. Apparently that's called a hot-dog. I don't want to know why thanks. Nadal then came on to play some russian called Igor (though we were convinced he had an American accent) who was really sulky but a shit-hot tennis player - took Nadal to 6-2, 3-6, 7-5 (nadal finally took the tiebreaker in the last set, thankfully). Nailbiting tennis, if a bit grunty for my taste.

Sophie Croydon and her boyf arrive this weekend, and we have Nana's housewarming tonight, lunch with Brandy on sat to celebrate her 30th, and drinks with new work type from London on Sat night, before I'm off to Cairo on Sunday for three days of client fun. I'm off to run a conf and dinner for 200 there, good that I've never been to the city, and don't speak Arabic eh? Still, I have Rania there, hobbling around on crutches, so we shall make a right pair. Fingers firmly crossed. When I come back, two days, weekend, two days then thailand.... I can't believe it is that close already. Tremendously exciting, but also tremendously scary. Thankfully the present is sorted and I just have to pray now that all the pictures come out ok. I'm sure it'll work, though I have to be or I'll go mad!

No comments: