Slightly inebriated, so please stop reading now if easily offended. Actually, in a "love the world" mood, it's 2.35am and I"m not entirely sure why I switched the computer on. Perhaps because I'm an inveterate workaholic and desperate to know if my slightly stroppy (toned down from downright rude) email to my client at 10pm about a matter supposed to be concluded a mere 28hrs previously, which is already over printing deadline, had been replied to. In order to stop myself discovering said fact, as my slightly inebriated brain is telling me I'd rather not know, otherwise I might think about it rather than sleeping, I'm watching trash tv and posting thoughts on tinternet.
Lovely evening though. In between said rude emails, my old friend Will came over for drinks on the balcony and we caught up about his trip to mongolia in a skoda or ford something - something with a mini engine and a less than adviseable number of workable parts - as well as the fact he recently bought the contents of a bookshop to sell in carboot sales, how he's been freelance writing on nokia stuff and concrete, and recently moved from a crack den to a georgian townhouse next door to the houses of parliament (and no- not a squat). It's fab to talk to people whose lives are unusual. I love finding these people. Occasionally, it's scary that I have little to contribute to the conversation as they tell me these anecdotes, but they're mates for a reason.
Then trotted out to Madinat to meet me lovelies H&K. Took a lovely photo of them which I would upload if I hadn't left the lead at work, must do that on Sun. Both looking sickenly fantastic due to boot camp shenanigans which involve getting up at 5am three times a week and doing army like manoevres on the beach. K's new waistline is almost tempting me to join them. I'm going to stick with the personal trainer and give kicking the fags another shot before I even try something that hardcore.
Moved on to our faithful Barasti. Good music, by the sea, lovely crowd... might even have been chatted up but being me wasn't quite sure so just smiled and carried on chatting. Bumped in to lots of peeps that I haven't seen for a while, and bored them all with the photos of Nick & Jill's wedding with various reactions. Saw poor W whose just been dumped, so surprised him with fairly sage advice, which I'm hoping he may follow, as he deserves the best. She must be a very silly swede.
The cats are all curled up, looking rather serene, not knowing it may be their last night here. As much as I have bitched, and they make me wheeze, I will massively miss their little white and pink faces. And on that rather mauldlin note, I shall say goodnight, and go curl up like a cat myself, ready to face tomorrow and the whirl of ridiculousness that I know it contains. Bring it on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Who's giving who grief about not posting regularly?
Pot? Hi, I'm Kettle. You're black.
Post a Comment