Monday, March 09, 2009

Nevermind the dayjob...

I'm pondering careers. I need a new one. I constantly whinge at the people I love about various job related stresses, and I am coming to the realization that it is not the employers that are the problem, it is this particular employee. Perhaps I just don't actually really like comms. That'd be a shocker, how could I have anything against such a reputable, upstanding profession.

I'd like to do something that involved DOING something, as opposed to sitting on my arse, but I'm not convinced that Dubai is really the ideal place for this endeavour right now. I'd love to own a cafe, or run a garden center, manage a yacht club, or organize people to do volunteering - something that people like to go to, that spreads positivity and happiness, and doesn't make my shoulders take up residence in my ear canal. I have a shooting pain dashing between my ear and my elbow on my right side, and I'm starting to think it is never going to go away. I will just have to stick it out until I can pay off some of the debts, then start working out where I'm going to plough this newfound direction in my directionless life.

1 comment:

Peter Kenny said...

You could do anything! x