Sunday, May 27, 2007

Baggyeyes

I started today in a haze of love for the world. Then I went to boot camp and it disintegrated somewhat. However, performed relatively well - 34 push ups in a minute, 60something sit ups, which i was super pleased about, and my run in 6mins 32 we think, but aren't quite sure as was a bit dead by then. It doesn't quite get me commando status but much closer. Boot camp has been infiltrated by lots more people I know, which is slightly disconcerting - being poked in the back at six am by people who's names you might have known about two years ago on a drinking level and nothing else... isn't the best scenario. Then I had a day of slightly pulling my hair out, with client rebriefing the collateral for the event tomorrow (though he's pleasant on the eye and possibly the flirtiest person I have ever met... which is quite something) and running around dealing with other such nonsense. So I'm still in the office and my head is rather sore, and I only have my flirtation with said client (who just mistakenly sent me a text saying 'call me when you're done' which i'm now madly overanalysing) to keep me occupied. Have reached the stage where doing the twenty other things I have to do is not really an option as I'm failing to spell words correctly, which is obviously a bit of an issue.

The ball was fantastic at the weekend, Sian put her photos on facebook and they aren't as evil as i thought, which is a pleasant surprise. Still have that slightly skewiff face look that I get when under the influence, but much less minging than expected. Ended up out again on Friday with the wonderous Erica & her hubby & sister plus newyoiiker fwends which was amusing, and then lunch with Hans on Sat followed by copious amounts of lounging at hers in the afternoon and a pork roast with her steve & jono... niice. By this point my powers of speech had deserted me, Steve was on comedy overdrive, and it turned in to a bit of a vicious circle... I shall reassert my natural waffle at some point and they won't know who I am. Bizarre when that happens though, the lack of speech pouring from my normally overworked mouth starts to become almost palpable and then it's really tricky to know what to actually say... almost like a physical effect. Odd. I'll be quiet now, and go back to hiding my latent autism.

No comments: