Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The view from up here is fine thanks....

I officially got promoted yesterday, making me a Director in Charge. Hilarious title, as I'm not entirely sure what I am "in-charge" of... not very much last time I checked. So far, I have made soothing noises about handover to my new team (some of whom proudly announced they had 'chosen' me - isn't ignorance bliss?!) and toasted my lofty new status with the girls last night at Teatro. Haven't yet heard whether my credit card will be sighing with relief, or if I may actually be able to stay living in my own place rather than reverting to student status and sharing come the winter when my lease is up, but neither of these are particularly likely - I think the new title was supposed to distract me from such worldly concerns.

In other news, my throat is doing that annoying tickling thing, where it can't really decide whether or not to become a full blown illness, or just remind me that i haven't eaten anything truly green and leafy in rather a while. I'm going to stop by the organic on the way home for some spinach and oranges to juice in an effort to power myself up before tomorrow morning's BFA at boot camp... and again on Sunday morning ready for June's bout of hellish exercising in 40 degree heat on sand. I am still unsure as to why I'm addicted to this nonsense, but I'm sure there's some kind of endomorphin addiction going on...

DOSC ball tomorrow night, which should be interesting on many levels. Lots of potential clients attending, yet I'm sitting on the biggest piss head table of the whole room, so the danger-stakes are very very high. Fortunately couple of pitfalls are not attending, which helps, and the people who particularly wind me up are not on my table, so I may be able to keep the eyes pointing in the same direction for the entire evening... or at least until midnight. Must go see the surgeon about re-doing my magic operation to make that particular ailment go away... or I could stop staring at the bottom of vodka bottles.

Facebook summons, this cult has swept the sandlands recently and shows no sign of abating, with even the super committed and busy lawyer community falling for its noseyparker charms. I'm loving it. See you on there.

No comments: