I just rang the bank up to moan about the fact that they still haven't updated my details, after nearly 8 months at this job, and he INTERRUPTED me to say "Sorry to interrupt Madam, but have you heard about our term deposits offer?" It took me a moment to compute, then I responded - "If you seriously think you can start a sales pitch by interrupting me complaining about your horrendous inefficiency, you are sorely wrong."
Unbelievable. Sorry, no, this is Dubai. Standard. Grr.
So, on a more festive note, I spent a very pleasant lunchtime scurrying round the Mall of the Emirates today with Ms Hans doing final bits and bobs shopping. Mahhh-hu-sive tree in the middle of the Mall which now has larger than life-sized panda bears, bizarrely dressed in fuschia pink Santa outfits. They're mechanized as well, and ever so slightly trippy. When combined with the all-male-Filipino choir singing "Feliz Navidad", you've got all the ingredients for the madness that is Christmas in the Sandlands!
One thing I am loving at the moment is the new art installation around the DIFC. With the amazing weather we're having, it is just lovely to sit outside at lunchtime and watch them gently swing in the breeze. The concept is all about balance, and they are basically life-size circus figures, with nearly invisible wires suspending them above walkways, or waterworks. I need to grab one of the brochures and walk round them all one day, but have been too bloody busy filling my lunchtimes with Christmas shopping and other consumerist nonsense to take the half hour to go and appreciate something really quite beautiful. Sob. At least they're better than the evil ants, which have been hanging around for a year now and really need to go. Art? Not my cup of tea thanks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The evil ants rock!
Happy Christmas Peetahs xxx
Post a Comment