.... reminds me how much I've eaten in the past few days. Absolutely lovely though, and the Christmas spirit came out with bells on. Started with drinks at Chateau Jonkett (Chris/Katie's) on Xmas eve, which was fuelled by shots of toffee vodka amongst other delights. Tottered from there to Midnight Mass - had a rather spirited (ha!) argument with the cab driver en route as he refused to believe I was off to Church. He told me with great authority that white people don't go to Church. I donned my holy hat in defense of my (rather defunct, it must be said) Catholic upbringing, coming out with the point that white people tended to drive to church on Sundays, at sensible non-drinking hours, so it was only at Christmas time we;d need cabs to reach church. I think there was merit in both arguments though, particularly on reaching the church and surveying the congregation- pretty much a blend of everyone. Us palefaces had a good smattering throughout the crowd, we knew the Minister (from sailing) and the hymns were great, so no complaints.
Christmas morning was very chilled, lunch in the hotel at DP, drinks on the Terrace - lovely. Entertained the Peters family Dxb extension - my cousin Ian, his dad (my dad's big bro) and Ian's wife Jules and two kids. All very relaxed, watching tv on the sofa, walks with the dog, more competitive eating stints, the best xmas pud ever (stat) etc etc.
So all in all it's been a rather lovely couple of days. Off to barnasty to recuperate.. Oh, sorry, I mean top up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment