Wednesday, December 10, 2008

marahaba zain thanks

Eid mubarak to all, and to all a good night. Well, holy week is over for the muslims for a while, serpents have been stoned, goats slaughtered and pilgimages made. It's an amazing time, and the sense of community and celebration is quite awesome, especially (well, only) if you speak to an Emirati. Otherwise people tend to tell you how they spent most of Eid still recovering from the 7s, which was now nearly two weeks ago. Me? Not guilty.. Honest officer....

I spent Eid chilling and finally, finally moving out of the flat. I'm now officially back with the prentals, and as of day 6, it's going fairly well. Tonight I'm sitting in the shadow of the gargantuan JBR, waiting for the Daher family to join. Not sure if they'll bring my fave baby Noah, but he is half Leb, so might be a night owl. Tho I'm fairly sure Erica is retaining NewYorker parenting techniques.

Hot bread has arrived and it's a beautuiful thing, so all blogging must now cease. Maasalama habibis.

No comments: