SO. So, so, so. That's not a bad summary actually, perhaps this should be a one line blog post? Nope, I'm not capable of such brevity.
The 7s was awesome, again. Highlights included stealing elf feet on day one with the BME boys and proceeding to do a sort-of-Irish jig on a plastic chair in the beer tent, sunbathing in the corporate stand and drinking free beer, watching the iranian team who were inadvertently dressed in Borat-esque get ups, Dad challenging the RICS team to a drink off (and losing, shock-horror), the daisy chain that went round the 50k seater stadium, being part of the starter engine of the Mexican wave that got 50k people on their feet, managing to completely change outfit during the course of Sat from fairly tame jeans & t-shirt to a full rugby outfit, and the resulting silliness in Barasti on Sat night. Followed by death on couch with Hans on Sun. I took the day off, as I was no longer going on holiday, but knew that I'd be in no state to go to work either.
So another year, another 7s. The venue was brilliant, though a long long way from town. Ferg did well to organize buses (and Kate & I did well hijacking other buses' passengers to fill our empty seats), and generally it was a fun and incident-free weekend. I just love the randomness of the event, the mad-dressing up that people indulge in (the groups of nurses, fat suits, camel outfits, national garb -knights/tartan/fezs etc, or the blokes in tight pink t-shirts printed with 'dare to be different' in silver) to the random conversations that result from 50k people getting stuck in to Heineken for breakfast and drinking all day in the sun, with remarkably few fights or upsets along the way.
Since then - not much. I'm almost out of the flat - this has been the most prolonged and painful move ever, and I'm already not looking forward to finding somewhere to live and having to start the reverse manovre.
It poured with rain this morning, just because we have 5 days off this weekend, and a 2 day week next week. I was planning to work on my tan. That'll be out of the bottle then....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment