- Sat - packed up a million boxes, moved flat in to 8x5ft space (feat!) and collapsed on an airbed which then deflated. Bought an engine to pump it up, that didn't work. Went to sleep anyway
- Work - HR issues - completely sucked, and basically absolutely unsupported and blindsided by people who should know better. Rather large useless and empty feeling as a result - just what you want from a process that is supposed to be motivating and helpful.
- (Positive bit.. wait for it...) Drinks for Sophia's 30th on Monday -pleasant, fun and interesting people. Refreshing change.
- Driving home on Tues to my empty flat, had a moment to wonder - where's my passport then.
- Spent the evening searching. Nothing
- Wed am. Wake up. There's a flood. The pipe where the washing machine had been plumbed in is protesting at the departure of its trusty friend, and is sobbing all over the floor.
- Head to work for the grand total of about 3hrs, then bugger off home to meet the plumber, who was surprising cheery and helpful.
- Unpack all boxes, and repack them. No passport.
- News reporting protests in Thailand. Do spend a minute reflecting on how incredible the Thai people really are. They have organized this protest impeccably, down to their coordinating yellow t-shirts and matching hand-clappy noise-makers. Other protesters wield guns, and threaten people. Thai protesters cook noodles, and offer apologies to stranded holidaymakers. They may still bring down the government though, so I think there's a lot to be said for the role of hand-clappy noise-makers in protests.
- I didn't get paid yet, and spent all my money on my business trips to the USA.
- BLUE.
Piecing together a silver lining:
- I might get paid today
- Tonight I might be able to afford to go and get hammered at Yalumba in aid of Jason's birthday
- Tomorrow I might be able to afford to go to the first day of the 7s
- Sat I definitely will be all over the 7s, with bells on.
- Things have GOT to get better than this.
Peace out sportsfans.

No comments:
Post a Comment