Clearly the powers that be decided that this weekend had just been far too fun, and decreed that Sat eve (for a number of reasons) would be the only day I can pack up the flat. I'm staying here on an airbed all week, then in the spare room at the prentals till Jan when I should be able to start househunting again. It will actually be good to be in Desert Palm for a bit, as it's lovely in the winter, I just hate moving.
Mental night on Thurs - Bill threw a "dusk till dawn" party for no apparent reason. People went all out with the outfits and looked fantastic - I'm rubbish at fancy dress! It was a rather large evening, and did what it said on the tin, to steal P's FB status comment.
Obviously stayed in bed most of Friday, emerging only for one of the best bacon sarnies ever.
So obviously, after that, a quiet night was called for. I had every intention of meeting Erica and baby Noah for a quiet walk around the new mall at JBR. Intentions - yes - willpower - no. Ended up at Kylie.
She's a funny little thing, botoxed to the hilt, not much chat, and a curiously stilted show. Coupled with the complete lack of atmosphere in our area, the whole thing was a bit average and we left about 40mins in. It was a free ticket, last minute, but had I been a fan I'd have been disappointed.
Back to the packing, mum's just arrived to help. That is equally great and, well, potentially fraught, so I'm going to put my head down and power through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment