So I'm in a car leaving JFK, under thundery grey clouds, watching the distinctive yellow NYC cabs zip by, and it all feels a bit unreal. Have already had a virtual bollocking, and this trip is not going to be easy, but what don't kill ya, makes ya stronger (and already I'm lapsing in to bad yankee).
However, typing on this thing erodes quality window gazing at the clapboard houses, autumn leaves and authenticity of this city.
I can't stop without a quick gush about business class on the A380 tho - never left the top deck, had my snug little seat complete with mini bar, flat bed and table, and a full walk in bar at the back with posh snacks and cocktails. Regrettably it was full of pontificating businessmen for most of the flight, so I contented myself with ram raid attacks on the snacks, and occasional extra spicy bloody mary, which works really well at high altitude for some reason! Double thumbs up to Emirates' new toy, I'm a fan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment