Sunday, November 16, 2008

the horrors of jet lag

I've just been fast asleep on the sofa for nearly two hours, and am now wide awake at five to eleven. Pm. Unimpressed!

Still I have bbc food, followed by sex and the city - quality tv.

Rather uneventful day at work, spent catching up on emails, and with people I've missed, or needed to meet. Had lunch with the boy R, who I rang yesterday to giggle at for his "chat up lines" printed next to his entry in the Viva top 50 eligible bachelors list.

Upon which point he informed me he has a heart defect/murmur, had been dumped by his girlfriend, and dissolved his company so was effectively unemployed.

Clearly, I then felt like a complete megabitch for laughing at him.

Also met a man who is a headhunter, used to be an actor (in all seriousness) and who was in search of underground clubs. Methinks he's in the wrong town, but we'll see.

However, just when I thought my day was a bit pants, I heard from my colleague who had been stuck in the gym for 30mins while they located her shirt, which had somehow gone walkabout in the changing rooms. My day didn't suck that badly!

No comments: