Tuesday, November 11, 2008

sliced heads and other stories

I wish I could share the other stories actually, but I think the fact that i have an inch long cut in my forehead and no purse.. Speaks for itself really. Evil. All good till the cursed tequila, at which point it all went wrong.

Officially I'm "the DME person at FIA". What that means is that I'm sitting behind a ramshackle trestle table piled with wrapped and DME branded calculators, in front of three pull up banners and a dodgy royal blue faux-satin curtain, stinking of booze, with a throbbing lump on my forehead and no one of any interest in the conference yet. Good job I was here for 8am....??????

So knackered, and pissed off, hungover, and, yeah knackered. Justin just showed up, and I've sent him to buy me coffee, so my day might yet look up - who knows...

3 comments:

Peter Kenny said...

What is happening to you pet?

Lakshmi said...

Sliced head? No purse? What??

aimee said...

ha! It really wasn't as bad as I made out - dramatic - moi?!! I was tired and pissed off at having to be at the conference, and I banged my head. Left my bag on the bar when doing tequila - forgot that I was no longer in Kansas (aka Dubai) and you can't just leave things lying around. So no drama - just me being dramatic!! xx