A crazy week of travelling, celebrating, more travelling and more celebrating. Am now somewhat in the wars with various bumps and bruises, including a gash on my forehead from headbutting the door frame after an evening trying to keep up on a night out with a bunch of traders (not a good decision).
The rain has come to the sandlands though, and I'm hoping it will wash everything away for a fresh start. I need some time to relax and chill out - basically bring on Thailand - it would do me more good to go there now, and come back to craziness at the 7s and various Xmas parties.
Finally met Mr Noah Daher the other day, all 9lbs of him in his 6wk old glory. He's adorable, and I'm in love, so am going to camp out at Erica and Joe's for the coming weeks bonding with my new fave chappie.
Really couldn't sleep last night, after I slept all day in some kind of jet lag tormet hell. Went to see Hels and the girls at 360 in honour of her birthday, and drank coke as was driving, but apparently going out is a bit dull when you're exhausted, have no chat, and are on diet coke. I couldn't summon one brain cell to converse with drunk people, so I cornered the only other person who wasn't drinking and we discussed politics and economics.... as you do at a beach bar. It was an interesting chat actually, and nice to talk to someone who employs their brain cells in an orderly and useful manner, rather than firing them haphazardly at conundrums such as "If I drink 6 shots, and a 4 pints, will I be more drunk than 4 shots and 6 pints?" (no, is the answer).
Someone suggested I take up go-kart racing when driving with me recently, not for the first time. I must stop seeing these kind of remarks as some kind of challenge, and rather listen to what they're actually saying. Go karting sounds quite fun, so I might try it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment