Friday, November 07, 2008

noooo yoik

So last night I spent most of the evening in Jerry's new flat in chelsea NYC - filled as it was with cardboard boxes and the assorted detrius of moving continents.
He was assisted by the lovely and amusing Karen, and the three of us quickly relocated ourselves to the windows-sills in search of nicotine refreshment.
We had a lovely evening swopping banter and quaffing copius amounts of red wine, till Jerry and I had to head for food, and Karen headed to see her man on his film set; an excuse which I'm sure only works in Manhattan.
We went to Spice Island; a million miles away from the all you can eat and drink extravaganza in Dubai. Without playong down the awesome evening, we stumbled out at after midnight, and in to some club in the meatpacking distict - the kind of place I could have happily stayed all night. Some wierd genie of better sense took hold and I made us leave at 130am - much to Jerry's disgust. I've had approx 2hrs sleep and I'm now driving through a sleepy town at 4am on the way to Newark airport and Chicago. Bring on the next adventure.

No comments: