Tuesday, August 22, 2006

busted

So, I guess i'm not so anonymous as I'd hoped. Escaping sandy land two weeks ago I happened upon a ... well, an acquaintance, who happily chirped that he'd been reading my blog. Apparently my identity is a bit obvious. Come forward all that agree.... if and when I figure out how to allow comments. Working on it Mr B, your ability to freely abuse will soon be up and running. Not that I don't get enough of that anyway.

Really pleased to be back at work after my holiday, not tired at all. Not at all. Great to be car-less as well, and the transport system during the break couldn't have worked better. No really. Choosing to embark on trip to the algarve (why? they are the rudest people alive) on the one day a group of morons decide to blow heathrow to the skies armed with lemonade bottles was a genius move, and the insight I gleaned into the true meaning of chaos will serve me well. Other snippets that have made my life particularly pleasing recently - getting the flu on the first day of vacation, sitting next to a small child with a talking doll all the way home on the plane, and being informed by a virtual stranger that unless I move countries and change careers immediately I am in dire danger of dying alone (being as i'm getting on some y'know...?) were all truly pleasing moments. And those were all in week one. Remind me not to go on holiday again anytime soon, its a bit like hard work.

Has anyone else noted that babies are everywhere at the moment. On the page of my gmail that's currently active I have two new baby announcements (complete with pics... they all look the same... cooing through keyboard is not easy) and invites to two further baby showers. As a result, I'm planning on moving to mongolia, where I will claim my advancing years mean that I have left my fully functioning family behind me in the western world where they toil to support my travelling fetish. They would probably nod and smile in understanding.

New colleague today, keep talking across the office. Given that we have a big open room office with ceramic tiled floors (no, its not a clinic) its rather echo-ey and I think i need a new tactic. Walking could work, though it's not something I take on lightly. Enjoying handing work over though, and keep trying to remember that dumping all the shit jobs could backfire later on, but too tempting to resist.

So, comments, lets have a go at opening them up then. Bring on the banter.

No comments: